My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a Professor at UW - Madison in the Department of Biological System Engineering. My expertise is in farm injury prevention, worker health and well-being, and risk assessment. I am interested in ag innovation, especially when it has potential to reduce human or economic risk. I am available for individual consultation or presentations with a range of farm and ag service provider groups. Please get in touch!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Planning for our Trip


It's Friday night, one week (and 12 hours) from our two week trip to Timber Bay!! Others would probably eagerly challenge me in saying this, but I don't think anyone in our family is more excited about our extended, two-week trip this year as I am. I am not sure what the magnetic draw is...It's a combination of sensory things including the smell of burning birch in the evenings as the temps drop; the sound of Birch Lake's waves gently lapping up onto the sun-baked docks; and the sounds and laughter of kids (and dogs) enjoying their little slice of heaven. I have also dreamed for months of laying back in the sun with my anchor dropped near "King Rock" hoping to catch the "big one!" Maybe this year..Now just one week and 11 hours, 45 minutes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Roper said...

I think I might be able to challenge you for "most excited."

I just wish I was going up there on Saturday with you, but Thursday will have to do. Having those extra two days means the world to me. Tina and I will be staying at your place on Wednesday night, so I have to remember to call and get the "code" to get into the garage.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home