My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a Professor at UW - Madison in the Department of Biological System Engineering. My expertise is in farm injury prevention, worker health and well-being, and risk assessment. I am interested in ag innovation, especially when it has potential to reduce human or economic risk. I am available for individual consultation or presentations with a range of farm and ag service provider groups. Please get in touch!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Vacation Blog? Food Critic Blog?



I couldn't resist another "vacation time" post even though I am not on vacation! (Though, admittedly, I have been in that mode since I finished teaching a week ago last Friday). Here are a couple other hot tips resulting from recent field trips on Sunday with Kate, the kids, and G-Ma Barb. Check out the Midtown Global Market, new on Lake Street south of the city in Minneapolis. My friends from LaLoma Tamales have a cafe there, and I highly recommend the hand-poured coffees at Golden Thyme Coffee Cafe' and the Starlight cake at the Somali operated Starlight Cafe'. It was fun exploring, letting the kids play chess, and watching the 100+ green and gold clad soccer fans cheer for Brazil as they watched the World Cup on the oversized projection TV. We also managed to squeeze in a visit to the beautiful and ornate Minneapolis Basilica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home