My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a Professor at UW - Madison in the Department of Biological System Engineering. My expertise is in farm injury prevention, worker health and well-being, and risk assessment. I am interested in ag innovation, especially when it has potential to reduce human or economic risk. I am available for individual consultation or presentations with a range of farm and ag service provider groups. Please get in touch!

Monday, June 26, 2006

Boot Camp Day

It's Monday 5 pm-ish, and drizzling down rain. Jack and I just finished playing 1) Pool 2) Ping Pong, and 3) Foosball (sp??). I'm up in the lodge loving the wireless access, though I have only logged on twice and email from work is a secondary interest (that's good!). Jack headed off to Kid's Club at 9 (then 9:30, the correct time). Kate, Mike, and I did our own fitness boot camp. It was a mini triathalon. First, we walked up and down the big hill all the way to cabin 11 then to the far end of the houseboat dock five times. We then got on bikes and rode to the public beach and jumped off the dock there and swam a few laps. Then, back on the bikes all the way to Babbitt to the front door of Zups, and then back to TB. I had though that this would take about 40 minutes, but, it took 90, and we did not do it in a lazy way!! So, we're all feeling fit and firm.

At about 2:30, we were all out by the lake at the beach and a blustery storm blew up quickly. It had been 75-80 or so, and then got dark to the west and quite windy. Now, it's just raining gently, but it looks like we may have rain most of the evening. This was to be Mike's first ever teen cookout. Sounds like they'll postpone till Thursday. Everyone is resting well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home