My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a Professor at UW - Madison in the Department of Biological System Engineering. My expertise is in farm injury prevention, worker health and well-being, and risk assessment. I am interested in ag innovation, especially when it has potential to reduce human or economic risk. I am available for individual consultation or presentations with a range of farm and ag service provider groups. Please get in touch!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Aerial Adventure


On Wednesday, we took a flight over Birch Lake, Ely, and the wilderness in a float plane, looking for moose, and learning about the area. The pilot did a great job, but it was a warm and somewhat breezy day. While I didn't get nausea, I did get rather rubbery legged from the turbulence (and the warmth in the cockpit), and I could feel my blood pressure plummet when he handed me the controls and asked me to drop the nose of the plane so Jack could see Timber Bay's marina as we approached it. Still, it was worth it, and I was actually fine when we made a steep bank to pass back over the resort as we landed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home