My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a Professor at UW - Madison in the Department of Biological System Engineering. My expertise is in farm injury prevention, worker health and well-being, and risk assessment. I am interested in ag innovation, especially when it has potential to reduce human or economic risk. I am available for individual consultation or presentations with a range of farm and ag service provider groups. Please get in touch!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Perfect Campsite on a Starry Night

We camped on Thursday night on a little point just to the west of Snowshoe Bay/Island, straight across from the island. We got there at about 7 pm. I had set up camp in advance with Uncle Sean's help, and everyone went out to wish us farewell in the guide boat. I think I "slept" about two hours. The boys seemed to rest pretty well, but I heard EVERYTHING, and despite my experience camping in the woods, I still am a bit of a chicken. Plus, your sense of reality is warped when you are tired and half sleeping/half-awake and dreaming of all the unusual wild animals that are within a mile or less of your camp (moose, wolves, black bears, and boaters with mullets and fireworks). In all, it was worth the slight discomfort. Our weather was ideal, and Jack learned to enjoy his new-found "freedoms" of being a camper and swimmer. Mike built us an awesome fire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home